Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Perogies With Balsamic, Peppers and Smoked Sauage


I was cooking today for lunch and thinking of something very quick and easy, okay that is a normal occurance. We had onions, green peppers (they are cheap right now at the grocery store) and a box of pierogies. I thought Great, I really love pierogies I hope I can think of something. So a few minutes later with the help of the internet I found a recipe that used these items. I added a few of my own touches. I hope you enjoy my creation, we all loved it! Okay Everyone but Silas loved it--but for those of you who know silas, what does he love?

Pierogies, Peppers and Onions

1 box pierogies (from the freezer section of the grocery store)
2 Green peppers sliced thin
1 large onion sliced thin
3 tbsp butter, melted in large pot over medium/high heat
2 tbsp good balsamic vinegar

Put the peppers and onions in the pan with the butter, top with the pierogies. Gradually brown the peppers, onions and pierogies in the pan. When everything is nicely browned and hot top with balsamic vinegar (I just did two turn of the pan with my bottle, I assume that could be more then 2 tbsps use your own discretion). Serve Hot on plates then top each plate with fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. I think next time I would double it, because of our family size, it was a large meal anyway but we have lots of mouths! This isn't a super healthy meal, but it is good, meat free (we try and do meat free at least once a week because it is cheaper!) meal!
We also thought that adding some keilbasa to the meal would have tasted very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment